Mercury and Chronic Illnesses FAQ
Is there a connection between Mercury and Alzheimer’s disease?
Research says yes, if you have specific genes, namely two ApoE4 (Apolipoprotein E) genes, you are more likely to get Alzheimer’s disease.
Which ApoE protein protects from Alzheimer’s disease?
Research shows if you have the ApoE2 gene you do not get Alzheimer’s.
What is the difference in these APOE genes?
- The difference between these two genotypes is that the ApoE4 gene has two arginine amino acids whereas the ApoE2 has two cysteine amino acids.
- Cysteine gives you protection from mercury, whereas arginine does not.
Are the Symptoms of Mercury Intoxication and Alzheimer’s disease similar?
They are similar because both have:
- Neurofibillary Tangles in The Brain
- Amyloid Plaque Formation by Secretion of Beta-Amyloid
- Abnormal Tubulin Gtp Binding
- Increased Tau Phosphorylation
- Inhibited Creatine Kinase
- Inhibition of Glutamine Synthetase
Is there a connection between Mercury and Parkinson’s?
Studies have found that some people with specific genetic mutations are more susceptible to environmental toxins, such as mercury.
The early in life exposure to these environmental toxins makes them more susceptible to Parkinson’s disease.
Mercury exposure also lowers the cell’s levels of Glutathione, Dopamine and NAD.
These cellular changes specifically target the portion of the midbrain that controls movement. The mercury sensitive patient then shows symptoms of Parkinson’s disease when they reach the age of about 60 years old.
Is there a connection between Mercury and MS?
There are patients who after receiving amalgam fillings developed MS-like symptoms and were thereafter diagnosed with MS. Once the amalgam fillings were safely removed the symptoms subsided and the patients got their health back.
Is there a connection between Mercury and Cavitations?
Research from Germany has indicated that cavitations may hold a reservoir for heavy metals and other chemical toxins especially in the wisdom teeth areas.
Is there a connection between Mercury, Alcohol consumption and pregnant women?
- Alcohol increases the absorption of mercury vapour, therefor depositing the mercury in the mother’s thyroid and in the thyroid and liver of the foetus.
- Mothers who drink alcohol during pregnancy increase the amount of mercury deposited in the unborn child from their own amalgam fillings.
Is there a connection between Mercury and ADHD?
- A study presented in 2012 identified an association between prenatal MeHg (Methyl Mercury) and ADHD symptomatology in childhood in a population exposed to Mercury primarily from dietary sources.
- Researchers found that the child’s risk of developing ADHD increased to 40-70% at a certain threshold of mercury and that children were more likely to exhibit signs and symptoms of ADHD when 8 years old.
- The study also showed that there was a greater association of ADHD symptoms with boys than girls.
Is there a connection between Mercury and Autism?
- The Autism Research Institute (ARI) is convinced that mercury is the primary cause of autism and related syndromes.
- ARI has published a 70-page web document called Autism: A Unique Type of Mercury Poisoning.
- They state: ‘The similarities between the symptoms of mercury toxicity and autism, considering the exposure to mercury of the foetus and child, suggest that autism is a form of mercury poisoning.’
Is there still mercury in vaccines (Thiomersal)?
- Yes, it is still used as a preservative in some vaccines in multi-dose vials, to keep the vaccine free from contamination.
- Thimerosal is also used during the manufacturing process for some vaccines to prevent the growth of microbes.
Why do they put mercury (Thiomersal) in vaccines?
Thimerosal is a mercury-containing organic compound (an organomercurial).
Since the 1930s it has been widely used as a preservative in a number of biological and drug products including many vaccines to help prevent potentially life threatening contamination with harmful microbes.
How can I find out if my symptoms are caused by my amalgam fillings?
The range of possible mercury toxicity symptoms is quite large.
Symptoms differ depending on:
- The Form of Mercury
- The Dose
- The Time Period Over Which the Mercury Poisoning Occurred
Exposure to a large amount of mercury in a short period of time can quickly lead to severe symptoms.
Low-grade, chronic exposure to mercury from dental amalgams generally causes more subtle and nonspecific symptoms.
What to do if you think you have mercury poisoning from your amalgam fillings?
- First, find a physician experienced in heavy metal testing and get an actual lab test measuring your mercury levels.
- Find a dentist experienced in safe Amalgam removal.
Is there a test?
Quicksilver Scientific in the US have developed a Tri-Mercury test which is relevant also to your ability to detox.
What can the dentist do to protect me when removing my amalgam fillings?
See the S.M.A.R.T. Protocol from IAOMT.
Is mercury leaking out of my fillings?
Yes, mercury leaks out of fillings 24/7.
Is there a safe level that can leak out of my Amalgam fillings?
According to the WHO (World Health Organisation) there is no a safe level.
How can the mercury vapour leaking out of my fillings be measured?
With a Mercury Vapour Meter.
Is it dangerous if mercury leaks out of my amalgam filling?
- This depends on your susceptibility
- It is definitely not healthy
Where does the mercury that is leaking out of my fillings store in the body?
It can be stored in the kidneys, gut, gums, blood, spleen, brain, liver, bones and fatty tissues.
Can mercury cause damage to kidneys?
Yes, according to research the kidneys are one of the most targeted organs of mercury.
Can mercury cause damage to my intestines?
Can mercury cause damage to the brain?
Yes, mercury can easily cross the Blood-Brain-Barrier.
Can mercury cause damage to the skin?
Yes, I once had a patient who’s skin problems entirely disappeared after removing all her Amalgam Fillings.
Can mercury store in the spine?
Can mercury cause damage in my mouth?
Is it a problem to have mercury fillings and gold crowns?
- It most likely causes a galvanic action which means you have a battery effect in your mouth.
- Parts of the mercury go into solution (in your saliva) and move to the more precious metal.
- Sometimes you can see a blue tattoo around a metal crown. This is a mercury being stored.
Is it a problem to have mercury filling and a root filling?
The combination of decomposing products from a dead or root canal tooth, namely sulphurs and mercury can produce highly toxic compounds.
Is it best to remove amalgam fillings when pregnant?
This is a bit of a tricky one. Recommendation is to have all you and your partner’s Amalgam Fillings removed before you aim for offspring and also have the Mercury detoxed from your body. Once pregnant I would only embark on having Amalgam Fillings removed if a tooth needs treatment or you have a diagnosed problem with Mercury and only with SMART protocol.
How is it possible that my child has no Amalgam Fillings but a lot of Mercury in their body?
A mother while pregnant or breast feeding will pass on between 40% up to 80% of her toxic load such as Mercury to the unborn or baby.
Does it make a difference to the child if the father has also got some Mercury Fillings?
Yes, it does.
What influence do parents have on their child`s mercury level?
According to research by Prof. Boyd Haley if both parents have Amalgam Fillings the capability of the child to eliminate the toxic load can be impaired.
Should all amalgam fillings be removed in one session?
That depends on your overall health situation. I recommend discussing this with an experienced dentist. Using a protocol such as IAOMT’s S.M.A.R.T. and Vitamin C Infusion are important.
Why are some people more susceptible to mercury than others?
This could be due to your genetics.
What have genes to do with mercury problems?
- If you have specific genes, namely two ApoE4 (Apolipoprotein E) genes you are more likely to be affected by Mercury.
- If you have the ApoE2 gene, you are less likely to be affected.
- The difference between these two genes is that the ApoE4 gene has two arginine aminoacids and the ApoE2 has two cysteine aminoacids.
- Cysteine gives you protection from mercury, whereas arginine does not.
When is the best time to have mercury fillings removed?
Normally, as soon as possible.
Why are boys more susceptible to mercury?
- According to Prof. Boyd Haley, ethylmercury (the mercury from vaccines) has a particular affinity for testosterone, becoming increasingly more toxic in its presence compared to when it encounters estrogen.
- This seems to explain why boys are about five times more likely to develop autism than girls.
- This further validates the connection between exposure to mercury and an increased risk of neurological disease.
What has Candida to do with mercury fillings?
Mercury promotes the growth of Candida. Candida absorbs the mercury and protects the body from its toxicity – until they are saturated then they begin to re-release the mercury in organic form. Once your mercury fillings are removed and a proper mercury detox is completed, Candida overgrowth most likely resolves itself with little or no effort.