Interview Partner Information
Name: Dr Mike Mew
Phone: +44 (0)20 8660 3695
Orthodontic Health Limited
16-18 Pampisford Road,
Surrey CR8 2NE
Hello and welcome to another episode of Elmar”s Tooth Talk: The missing link to total health.
In today’s episode, I interview Dr. Mike Mew. A very special dentist as you will discover in just a moment.
I have squeezed in this episode due to its importance.
Mike is a dentist just like his father and grandfather. However, he is not your average dentist.
First of all, a very warm welcome Mike. It’s great to have you here.
What’s in it for you in this episode:
We talk about:
- WHAT are the two different approaches to straightening teeth
- WHAT is Orthotropics
- MIKE’s Mission
- WHY are teeth crocked
- WHAT is Mewing
- WHY teeth can get damaged during orthodontic treatment
- WHY faces can get damaged during orthodontic treatment
- WHY the GDC wants to get rid of Mike Mew
- HOW to get straight teeth without extraction
- WHY Buckminster Fuller is right
Mike is on a mission. His father and Mike discovered and developed or shall I say re-discovered a way of looking at straightening teeth from a different perspective than how normal orthodontists look at straightening teeth.
This mission has already revolutionised how some dentists and their patients look at straightening teeth which is normally called Orthodontics.
Obviously, if you question an existing, well-established 11-billion-dollar business model, you can imagine, well you have to expect that not everyone earning their living in this system will happily, easily, and without resistance adopt this new approach.
Expelled from the British Orthodontic Society
- “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
- Faith is much better than belief. Belief is when someone else does the thinking.
Functional approach vs mechanical approach
- Your approach isn’t new
- Robert Buno in France 1723
- Bimler – Activator, mid-1950
- stimulates the forward growth of the lower jaw and teeth. It is used a great deal, particularly in Germany and the United States.
- Balters – Bionator
Campaign education / Public Health England
- Why are teeth crooked?
- WHY patients must wear RETAINERS?
- WHAT IS THE ROOT PROBLEM
- How can we be right, and an entire profession be wrong?
That’s it for today.
PLEASE SUPPORT MIKE’s MISSION
Thanks for tuning in and bye for now.