Interview Partners Name: Dr Dirk Schreckenbach
Dr. Dirk Schreckenbach Karlstr. 2
- Dental Whispering – The teeth – mirror image of your soul
- There is a whole person attached to every tooth
Hello and welcome to episode number 82 of Elmar´s Tooth Talk: The missing link to total health.
In today’s episode, we discuss What is Health?
Our guest once again is my dear friend and colleague Dr Dirk Schreckenbach.
WHO’s definition of health 1948
- health is ‘not merely the absence of disease or infirmity but a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being’.
WHO’s definition of health 1984
- The extent to which an individual or group is able to realise aspirations and satisfy needs ad to change or cope with the environment.
- the ability to adapt and self manage” in the face of social, physical, and emotional challenges.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer, well known German theologian who was murdered by the German Nazi regime in 1945 for his involvement to overthrow Hitler.
He defined health as ‘the strength to be’. Bonhoeffer was saying that health is the ability to pursue our life story without insurmountable obstruction from illness.
Thus, health can be seen as the ability to flourish without being unduly impeded by illness or disability or, if necessary, by overcoming illness or disability.
A relative state in which one is able to function well physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually in order to express the full range of one’s unique potentialities within the environment in which one is living
It’s important to understand that, as with your regular health, your financial health is not merely based on the absence of things like debt. It takes many factors into consideration.
- Education about the different topics
- Who do you listen to?
And much more